What is a Team Manager?
The team Manager is responsible for all off ice activities and working directly with the Coach to communicate and delegate responsibilities to the parents. You are there to support the coach so he / she can focus on player development solely.
A more in-depth Managers Manual can be found HERE
Additional duties include;
- Set up bank account with the treasurer
- Send out parent survey for the season to discuss what everyone’s
expectations are for the season
- Search for and apply for extra ice if needed. This should be done ASAP as ice gets booked up quickly
- Communicate information given with parents (Picture day, Oil Kings Game ect)
- Update Team Snap with games and practices
- Apply for tournaments and obtain permits when accepted into the tournament. This needs to be done ASAP as well since tournaments fill up quickly
- Use RAMP to input game information and apply for any permits
- Distribute and collect medical forms. You need to share them with the coach but keep them in your managers bag at all practices and games. It is personal medical information that CAN NOT be shared with anyone other than the Coaching staff or medical staff attending an incident. It would be a violation if shared with anyone else.
- Get volunteers for Minor Hockey Week
- Coordinate who will be a timekeeper for every home game
- Have parents and coaches sign the Fair Play Code