HELPING KIDS PLAY
If you want to play, we can help! Our Individual Child Grants help families in financial need cover the costs of participating in sport and recreation.
To be eligible for funding for one or more children, families must first meet specific financial criteria as per Revenue Canada’s Low-Income Cut-Offs (LICO) chart. Jumpstart uses the furthest column to the right of the chart for eligibility.
Other Funding Requirements
- Children must fall between the ages of 4 - 18 years old.
- Funding is allocated to sustained programs that involve a sport or physical activity.
- Programs should be a minimum of five weeks in duration and include at least one session per week. In the case of sports camps, the program must last at least five consecutive days for consideration.
- It is recommended that applications be submitted prior to the program start date. Applications submitted where the program has concluded will not be reviewed.
- Applications must include proof of financial need. A clear, legible, and current copy of your Canada Child Benefit (Statement) will be required as proof of need.
- Under exceptional circumstances (e.g., recent immigrants to Canada, individuals fleeing spousal abuse, etc.) alternative confirmation of eligibility will be accepted on a case-by-case basis.