2021 U11 Tier 1 Information
The U11 Tier 1 tryouts shall commence Sept 7th – 10th. Players who are not selected for one of the two U11 Tier 1 teams are required to participate in the regular U11 evaluations which begin on Sept 18th.
- The goalie evaluations will take place on Tuesday Sept 7th at Coronation Arena 17:30-18:30
- For the U11 Tier 1 Evaluations this year 58 players will be divided into 4 teams.
- Tuesday Sept 7th Team 1 vs Team 2 Coronation Arena 18:45 - 19:45 and Team 3 vs Team 4 Coronation Arena 20:00 - 21:00
- Wednesday Sept 8th Team 1 vs Team 3 Coronation Arena 17:30 - 18:30 and Team 2 vs Team 4 Coronation Arena 18:45 - 19:45. Players will be reduced to 48 after these games
- Thursday Sept 9th Team 2 vs Team 3 Grand Trunk Arena 19:00 - 20:00 and Team 1 vs Team 4 Grand Trunk Arena 20:15 - 21:15 Games will be 4 on 4. Players will be reduced to 36 after these games.
- Friday Sept 10th Prospect Game - teams will be formed and announced by September 16th.
Here is the information regarding the U11 Tier 1 Tryouts and the U11 Tier 1 Pilot Project Season information.
The U11 Tier 1 tryouts shall commence Sept 7th – 10th. Players who are not selected for one of the two U11 Tier 1 teams are required to participate in the regular U11 evaluations which begin on Sept 18th. Deadline to register for the U11 Tier 1 tryouts is September 2nd at noon.
The Tier 1 evaluations will consist of 3 scrimmages – Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday followed by a Prospect Game on Friday evening. Each player is guaranteed a minimum of two scrimmages with initial releases made after the 2nd scrimmage, be sure to keep an eye on the web page. Players will be rotated through positions during the scrimmages, with the exception of goalies. The top 36 players go on to play in the prospect game based on their evaluation scores from the first and second scrimmages. 28 players and 2 goalies will be chosen for the two U11 Tier 1 Teams.
NEW THIS SEASON IS THE U11 TIER 1 PILOT PROGRAM
Included for this season the U11 Tier 1 Teams will have:
- 24 GAMES – that are 75-minutes in length (18 Games are given for Tiers 3-6) (Tier 2 will get 24 – 60-minute games)
- 36 PRACTICES – Tiers 2-6 are given 18 practices
- 12 Development Ice Sessions – Power skating, Stickhandling, etc. (In addition to the 36 practices)
- 6 Off-ice sessions RVX, ATHX as examples
- Tournament – Participation in the Whitemud West Hockey Tournament at River Cree November 12-14, 2021
If your player makes the U11 Tier 1 team, the additional cost for the program will be $750.00 per player.
This amount will be in 2 payments – the first payment is due November 1st, with the second payment due Jan 1st. The team has the option to use Fundraising, Sponsorship funds, Donations, etc. to offset the cost of the second payment.
*The maximum additional cash call that the U11 Tier 1 teams can have cannot exceed $100.00 per player.
**If with a majority vote the team decides to enter other tournaments this could exceed the $100 cap.
***In previous years the U11 Tier 1 team cash calls have been upwards of $1000.00 per player.
The U11 Tier 2 teams have been given 6 extra games this season (24 Games total-all games are 60 minutes) the additional fee for these 6 games for players that make a U11 Tier 2 team is $50.00 per player to cover these additional games.
Playing and competing at the highest levels demands a great deal of commitment from both the individual player and their parent(s). Full commitment from the player and families is expected. The fees for the additional Pilot Program will not be prorated if you are away on holidays, if your player cannot attend a session, etc.
At the U11 Tier 1 level, players can expect to be on the ice up to 4-5 times per week with their team including practices, games, additional on ice or off-ice training such as power skating, skills camps, workouts etc.
Players will typically compete in a minimum of 30-40 games throughout the season, including the regular EMHA schedule, Minor Hockey Week, Exhibition Games and Tournaments.